A walkthrough for installing a toilet seat in three simple steps! Toilet seat bolts may be hidden under plastic caps. Pry open each cap. Hold each bolt with a screwdriver, and unscrew the nut with adjustable pliers. Some nuts have plastic “wings” that make pliers unnecessary. If the bolts are corroded, apply penetrating oil, wait […]
Need a Bathroom Remodeled in Austin, TX? Look no Further!
M.H.M.Remodeling has been a quality first bathroom remodeling contractor since 1999. Large walk in showers have been the most popular in the past few years, but everyone’s needs are different. There are many things to consider when embarking on a bathroom remodel or bathroom renovation Austin project. For each homeowner the reasons and things to consider may vary.
The homeowner of today wants more from a bathroom. In addition to just being functional, homeowners are looking to make their bathroom a soothing environment where they can relax after the business of the day. More amenities are being added to the bathrooms of today and your bathroom remodeling project may include the addition of a deep soaking tub, a whirlpool bath, a large custom shower, new vanity cabinets, countertops and lighting. So when it comes time to update your bathroom or do a complete bathroom remodel, M.H.M. Remodeling will help guide you through the entire bathroom renovation Austin project with your satisfaction being our highest priority.
Here are some things to consider:
- Countertops: Do you want granite or engineered stone? Granite does have some maintenance, but has more interesting colors to choose from. Engineered stone has no maintenance and comes in solid colors. This material may also be used on all other top surfaces such as your window sills, tub decking or seat, shower benches, niche sills, pony wall tops and shower curbs.
- Tile: Tile is the choice for most people because there are a lot of options. Porcelain tile is a good choice when durability is a factor and it comes in thousands of different colors. Natural stone such as travertine, slate and marble are a great choice as well, but there will be yearly maintenance and costs a bit more. Border tile adds a nice touch on shower and tub walls as well. We will typically recommend pencil liner tiles for all finishing edges.
- Cabinets: With cabinets you definitely get what you pay for. Custom cabinets can be a bit pricy, but worth every penny. There are some good alternatives online for authentic hard wood cabinets which you could save about 20% of what custom would cost. Then there’s the big box stores where the quality is lacking and the options are few.
- Plumbing fixtures: We typically recommend Delta for all the plumbing, not just for price, but for quality as well. There are other options such as Kohler, American Standard, and Moen to name a few. For the people that really want to impress, there are much higher end fixtures but they come with a much higher price tag.
Please fill out the contact form to schedule an in home consultation.
- Lighting: Lighting is a very important part of any renovation, such as placement and type of lighting used. Wall mounted or sconce lights are a great choice for vanity lighting and recessed lighting is great for the main room or over a tub or shower.
- Mirrors: Mirrors can be as simple as just a flat polished mirror (cheapest) or a framed mirror that matches the cabinets. Lighted mirrors are a great choice as well and look great, but will cost more than your traditional styles of mirrors.
- Towel bars: The plumbing manufactures have made it pretty easy when it comes to towel bars because most all of them make towel bars to match their fixture trims.
- Paint color: With all the great new lines of latex paints there is no need to use oil based paints anymore. You can also get cleanable flat paints that look great and give you more options than just your everyday semi-gloss which most contractors use.
- Glass: 3/8″ or 1/2″ frameless glass is the choice for most when it comes to shower enclosures. You can also get the glass with a protective coating that helps in the prevention of water spots, which is very helpful.
According to our latest research, a bathroom remodel is the best home improvement investment you can make in your home, adding almost dollar for dollar to appraised value. The average small to medium bathroom remodel cost starts anywhere from $10,000 to $18,000 dollars for materials and labor. A medium to large bathroom remodel could cost anywhere from $18,000 to $32,000 realistically depending on materials used and if done properly, it’s money well spent.
M.H.M.Remodeling offers a 3 year workmanship warranty and carries $2,000,000.00 in insurance coverage on all remodeling projects. So, if you are in need of a complete bathroom remodel or just need a small update, you can rely on the pros at M.H.M.Remodeling, an Austin native, family owned and operated bathroom renovation Austin contractor!
Call today or request a free quote online.